photo NavFB_zpsywn4tbc4.png photo NavIG_zpsw1oywoe6.png photo NavEM_zpsslrj6dts.png



8.01.2016

YoU caN't cRosS the OcEaN if you dOn't loSe siGhT of the SHorE.

Be Brave...Take risks...If you never try, you'll never know... .
These words are just a sprinkling of the thoughts that have been penetrating our minds over the last 6 months. Sit down, relax, let's chat and I'll give you a little background on the history of Olivewood designs.

   3 Years ago, I had an idea...Pinterest rolled out to the world and I was CAPTIVATED. I wanted to host a monthly Craft Group at our home with my closest friends. It started out small, with just a handful of us.
By the following month, each of my friends wanted to bring a friend and in about 3 months I was hosting 30-40 women in my 2,400 sq foot home. We were spilling out from our front courtyard all the way to the back of our 1/2 acre yard and covering every sq foot inside and it was MAGICAL!!!  I even held a couple of FREE events once I opened my brand new OLivewood Facebook page. Well, as the story goes we quickly outgrew our space and my business was launched!

   Olivewood began with Pinterest inspired pallet signs as well as eclectic painted furniture (boy, that was HARD work) I would hold monthly auctions on our Olivewood Facebook page and WOW, did the people LOVE those Auctions. I remember basic little signs would sell for $70 and $80 and we couldn't believe it!!! It really felt so good to be adding some income to our family. Once the ball got rolling, it really was snowballing quick! I had my first booth at Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market in November 2013 and was THRILLED to pull in $1,800 off my painted signs and paper 3D snowflakes. After that show, I was a GIRL ON FIRE!!! My friend and hairstylist told me about an idea she had of a pallet heart with different strips of wood. I had never seen anything like it before so I got to the drawing board and starting dreaming up the perfect piece for my SUPER stylish stylist~ and the Olivewood heart was born... that shape has become our staple piece and BIGGEST seller !!!(and I ADORe hearts, always have, always will)


  We knew about a year into it that this business of mine was growing quicker than we could handle so I began hiring local neighbors to help cut our shapes. We really had an AWESOmE team built. 2 Years into Olivewood, I was matching my hubby's salary and WE couldn't believe the BLESSINGS that were being poured out onto our family. Around year 2, we started looking at bigger properties with a workshop since we were outgrowing our 2 car garage and our Country Club neighborhood. WE tried so hard to find the perfect property in AZ but nothing was working out in our favor. We cried out to God to lead us in the right direction as we were hitting wall after wall. My hubby and kids always longed to move back home to California, but my heart was hard. I just knew how EXPENSIVE it was and really NEVER thought it was an option...But God knew...So Christmas of 2015 I agreed to meet with an agent and tour Fallbrook, California ( a town we fell in love with 15 years ago) It really seemed like the perfect fit but we just had to find the RIGHT HOUSE at the RIGHT PRICE ( which is nearly impossible anywhere let alone Cali) But God knew.. we ended up taking 3 trips out West in search of our Dream home, I was about ready to give up but then, THERE SHE WAS...
perched perfectly at the top of the hill~calling my name...
My whole family (all 6 of us) knew as soon as the door opened that we had ARRIVED, this was IT~ the HOME we had been PRAYING for, the home we DREAMED of, the HOME that we would make our OWN.
As you all know, things worked out in our favor, many miracles happened along the way that no human could have arranged. Because God knew...this was the house He had picked out for us. A gift that we are so GRATEFUL for! So WELCOME, our WHOLE family is SO EXCITED to have YOU along this DARING, RISK TAKING, GOD TRUSTING adventure with our Tribe.
LOVe, Julia

3 comments:

  1. I have a feeling I know that little hair stylist. :-) Julia - so excited for your sweet family. We miss you here in Peoria for sure - but we know that God works all things......and we can't wait to continue on this journey with you. BTW - my daughter and I purchased your little black/white checkered glider rocker a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Holy Land Olivewood we only employ seasoned craftsmen and use sustainably sourced olivewood. olive wood

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. Cross Country Movers

    ReplyDelete